I took on my first major lettering project for my best friend’s wedding. And honestly I was super nervous I was going to mess it up hardcore and make the first thing people see at her wedding look like trash. And what was more of a challenge was there was already some lettering on it that I had to match from someone else. I ended up filling in their names (obviously) with the date, the schedule and ALL 17 bridesmaid and groomsmen names. Talk about a cramping hand! Once I was done and had gotten ridden of all my lines and eraser marks to the best of my ability (because I was a rookie with this), I decided to throw their hashtag on in the blank space under the schedule and then put my drawing skills to the test to fill in the sides of the schedule. I’m not an artist by any means but I drew several different kinds of leaves and flowers along the side, sending them to the bride for her approval as I went but in the end I always erased them before I heard back. I finally ended up on Google looking at different ideas and finally ended up on this. I drew about six inches of it and sent her a picture and for whatever reason she told me she loved it. Score!
In the end I think it ended up nice. My fellow bridesmaids enjoyed it at the very least!